Friday, May 25, 2018

+50

As a sample suggesting how much there is a desire to deny service on discriminating bases in this city, this incident happened to me today at Home Depot store #740. I wanted a 10 feet water pipe to be cut so I took it to where there is a sign stating "Cutting Center". Apparently because of the generality of that, I got confused and forgot that cutting such pipe happens at a different section. But what did the guy who came with me to do the cutting job do after knowing what I wanted to be cut? Did he try to direct me to the correct location for that? No, he just insisted that it cant be done on the machine there and sometimes used the word "here" to express that, which, especially in combination with the generality mentioned above could make one see it as referring to the entire store. He did not point me to the correct place for the task or even just tell me there is such place despite asking him about the entire store explicitly. On the contrary his answer would have probably made a trusting person who had not done this before there to leave the store thinking that they do not cut water pipes there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment